Aubrie gave her first primary talk while in her Sunbeam class in September. While I was helping her prepare it, the following conversation took place:
Me: You know this pretty well. I think you could probably do it by yourself (not really expecting her to agree with me).
Her: Yeah. I know dad.
Me: You don't think you'll need any help?
Her: No.
Me: Do you even want me to sit behind you in case you forget something?
Her: Dad, you are NOT coming up there with me.
So I didn't.
I forgot to record the talk during primary, but we had her give her little talk again when we got home that afternoon:
Now that Aubrie is in CTR 5 instead of the Sunbeam class, her new teacher doesn't realize that she just gave a talk a few months ago. So when her class had sharing time again (or whatever it's called), Aubrie quickly volunteered to do the talk again and her teacher agreed to let her do it. This time, she did forget the first couple of words, so I had to remind her (from the audience). I think she struggled a bit more to learn this Adam and Eve talk because it isn't nearly as cool of a story as Daniel in the lions den:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment