Thursday, June 19, 2008

A week of FIRSTS...

Welcome to our new family blog and my first post. Since I am new to the world of blogging I will try to keep my post short and sweet, with plenty of pictures.

We have had a week filled with first times, here is a recap of the good, the bad, and the scary...

Fortunately for Finley, his week was quite good. He got his first top tooth, can you believe that he is 11 months old and only has 3 teeth! But of course they are very cute teeth.






Now here is a bad parenting moment...even though Finley is not a year old yet, we have upgraded him to a forward facing car seat (which he loves). He hated his baby carrier and I was tired of wrestling him into it every time I needed to leave the house. But to put your minds at ease he will be 1 at the end of the month and he is well above the weight requirement.







Now Aubrie on the other hand has been a little less fortunate. I'll start with the bad and scary first. While playing in our backyard she got her first bee sting which was traumatic enough, until a few days later when she sliced her heel while jumping on our trampoline. There was blood everywhere and she ended up getting 5 stitches, which traumatized me almost as much as her.





Fortunately this injury has not dampened her enjoyment of the trampoline, she was back to jumping hours after getting her stitches. As you can see, she really enjoys using Finley as her stunt partner. Luckily Finley enjoys most of the crazy stuff Aubrie does to him.






To make up for a less than stellar week, Aubrie caught her first fish on father's day. Aaron said he has never seen her more excited about anything in her life, actually everyone at the lake heard how excited she was.





She now has her very first fish tale, which includes a very animated version of how Dad whacked the fish's head and killed it. You will have to ask her about it next time you see her.





Well I hope you have enjoyed my first attempt at blogging, check back often because it can only get better. :)

No comments: